The "Genie of the Isles" ("El Genio de Las Islas") at the harbour faces the last sunbeams of the late afternoon.
It features a feminine bronze statue in a somewhat strange position, a bit like a dancer. Her left hand carries
a laurel crown, while her right hand carries a torch. The inscription on the stone pedestal reads: "The genie
of the islands. To all those who with their initiative and work in the commerce, the industry and navigation
have contributed to the progress and the prosperity of our islands. The Chamber of Commerce, celebrating its
first century, 1886-1986". The inauguration was celebrted on the 28th August 1986. - The statue was created by
Spanish artist Luisa Granero.